Mark your calendars for the book launch of FACTORY MAN on July 15, 2014, by Little, Brown and Company. At the same time, our pals at Parkway Brewing Company in Salem, Virginia, are raising a glass to our mutual Made in America ethos. As a tie-in to the book, Parkway has mixed up a new IPA session brew called Factory Girl that’s sure to give you a lift at the end of your shift. Now available on draft in tap rooms throughout the region and on its way to Virginia grocery stores, too.
The publicity posse is at work setting up a number of events throughout the Furniture Belt and beyond, among those already confirmed:
• Quail Ridge Books, reading and signing, Raleigh, N.C. 7:30 p.m. August 20.
• AJC Decatur Book Festival, Aug. 29-31, Atlanta, Ga. (I am speaking Saturday, Aug. 30, at 11:45 a.m.)
• Raleigh Court Civic League presentation, 7 p.m. Sept. 11, Christ Lutheran Church, Roanoke, book signing, sales and reading.
• Barnes & Noble, Tanglewood Mall, Roanoke, Va. 10:30 a.m. Sept. 13, reading/discussion/signing for Roanoke Valley Branch of American Pen Women.
• Reading/talk, Jacksonville Center for the Arts, Floyd, Virginia, Sept. 21, 4 p.m.
• Roanoke College, 7 p.m. October 1, lecture, Q&A, book signing at the Colket Center, Salem, Virginia.
• National Manufacturing Day, Alliance for American Manufacturing, Oct. 3, speech/discussion, AAM Headquarters, 711 D Street, NW, Washington, D.C.
• (X)po, Roanoke’s premiere small cities conference and fun-fest, featuring talks about creativity, entrepreneurship, urban planning, place-making, and community revitalization, on Oct. 4. Roanoke, Virginia. I’ll be speaking at 1p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 4, followed by a Factory Girl beer reception.
• Arlington Public Library, Oct. 7, 2014 (details to come).
• Hollins University’s Jackson Center for Creative Writing (my MA alma mater), a reading and book signing, 8:15 p.m. Oct. 23, Green Drawing Room, Hollins, Roanoke, Virginia.
• Washington and Lee University, public lecture and discussion, Oct. 29, 2014.
• Bedford Library, signing/reception/reading, 2 p.m. Nov. 1, 321 N. Bridge St., Bedford, VA.
• UNC Greensboro, Virginia Dare Room, reading, discussion and book-signing, 7 p.m. Nov. 6, 2014.
• Reading, The Library of Virginia, November 19, noon to 1 p.m.
• Virginia Festival of the Book, March 2015.
To request a reading or event, please contact Little, Brown and Company publicist Fiona Brown at Fiona.Brown@hbgusa.com. Thank you.