Mark your calendars for the book launch of FACTORY MAN on July 15, 2014, by Little, Brown and Company. At the same time, our pals at Parkway Brewing Company in Salem, Virginia, are raising a glass to our mutual Made in America ethos. As a tie-in to the book, Parkway has mixed up a new IPA session brew called Factory Girl that’s sure to give you a lift at the end of your shift. Now available on draft in tap rooms throughout the region and on its way to Virginia grocery stores, too.
The publicity posse is at work setting up a number of events throughout the Furniture Belt and beyond, among the public talks already confirmed:
• Reading/talk, Jacksonville Center for the Arts, Floyd, Virginia, Sept. 21, 4 p.m. With special guest John Bassett III.
• Roanoke College, 7 p.m. October 1, lecture, Q&A, book signing at the Colket Center, Salem, Virginia.
• National Manufacturing Day, Alliance for American Manufacturing, Oct. 3, speech/discussion, AAM Headquarters, 711 D Street, NW, Washington, D.C.
• (X)po, Roanoke’s premiere small cities conference and fun-fest, featuring talks about creativity, entrepreneurship, urban planning, place-making, and community revitalization, on Oct. 4. Roanoke, Virginia. I’ll be speaking at 1p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 4, followed by a Factory Girl beer reception.
• Arlington Public Library, Oct. 7, 2014, 7 to 9 p.m., Auditorium, 1015 North Quincy Street, Arlington.
• “Meet the Authors: High Point Market’s Official Book Signing Event,” 4 to 6 p.m. Oct. 20, Market Square – Courtyard.
• Hollins University’s Jackson Center for Creative Writing (my MA alma mater), a reading and book signing, 8:15 p.m. Oct. 23, Green Drawing Room, Hollins, Roanoke, Virginia.
• Washington and Lee University, public lecture and discussion, Oct. 29 and 30, 2014.
• Bedford Library, signing/reception/reading, 2 p.m. Nov. 1, 321 N. Bridge St., Bedford, VA.
• UNC Greensboro, Virginia Dare Room, reading, discussion and book-signing, 7 p.m. Nov. 6, 2014.
• Reading, The Library of Virginia, November 19, noon to 1 p.m.
• Surry Community College, reading/discussion, 7 p.m., Nov. 20, Dobson, North Carolina.
• Virginia Tech public lecture/discussion, 5:30 p.m. Dec. 1, Blacksburg, Va.; details to come.
• The Draper Mercantile reading/signing, 7 p.m. Dec. 2, Draper, Va.
• History Museum of Western Virginia, noon, Feb. 22, 2015, lecture/discussion.
• Virginia Festival of the Book, March 2015; details to come.
• High Point Literary Society, March 25, 2015.
• Roanoke Book & Author dinner, April 17, 2015.
To request a reading and/or signing, please contact Little, Brown and Company publicist Fiona Brown at Fiona.Brown@hbgusa.com. To inquire about a lectures or speech, please e-mail Tom Neilssen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.